September 28, 2014
I read a post on Facebook by an African Friend about this Scripture
(10) Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.
(11) Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works’ sake.
(12) Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.
(13) And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.
(14) If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.
(15) If ye love me, keep my commandments.
(16) And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
(17) Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
(18) I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.
(19) Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.
(20) At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.
(21) He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.
Here is the post.
So, this is Jesus speaking (John14:12): “Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever believes in me will also do the works that I do; and greater works than these will he do, because I am going to the Father.”xxxxxxxxxxxxxxOn the other hand, you’ve been saved for decades, but you still don’t have a testimony of this promise… The ministry of Jesus just took 3 years. The things he’s referring to by “the works that I do”, can be summed up to 3 years… Tha should be enough time to buy you an excuse to learn similar works. But it doesn’t end there… The second part “…and greater works than these…”, where is this truth? As long as you perform only the miracles/works that are already recorded in the bible you have a 50% gospel success… The world has seen what you do already, and they can even predict what you can do next… Are you comfortable doing what is obvious? In the next generation, when God raises ministers, what will he say about you? (Your fathers have failed to fulfill what I desired… OR… I’m raising a generation like in the times of #Mhlambi, #Lesego, #Moropodi,#You, #You, #You?? who will do the things that have never been seen before…).God will surely talk about you in the next generation, but what will he say about you?? It’s your choice…
I LOVE this comment. “50% gospel success lol…someone has been in ministry for 60 years nd u come and tell them that up to so far they only hav a 50% success…otla betswa!” (Would someone please tell me what otla betswa means?)
So, are you doing the same things everyone else does? Or are you doing any of the signs and wonders Jesus did? If not, why?
2 Timothy 3:1-5
(1) This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
(2) For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
(3) Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
(4) Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
(5) Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof:
How bad can that be? At least they acknowledge Jesus as the Son of G-d, right?
Notice that he last verse above ends with a :. This means there is more. Here it is:
from such turn away.
Is it not time that we started taking what He said to heart? How do we do this stuff, though? Two steps,
- Make sure we hear Him and obey.
- It is easy when we remember that “He doeth the works.” All He needs is a willing body!
Let the Church arise and BE the Church, and stop just going to it!